ASAE's Finance & Business Operations (FBO) Section Council strives to present opportunities to share knowledge through its recurring virtual discussion programs. These facilitated discussions give association professionals a chance to connect with their peers and discuss important issues facing today's busy association professionals working in finance & business operations or human resource management.
In order to maximize your valuable time, we are piloting a new format for our dialogues called “virtual huddles.” In this new format, we will distribute questions ahead of time, ask you to think about your answers to these questions, provide moderators to facilitate discussion, and ask you to share your thoughts all within a 20-minute time frame. Please join us.
This program is virtual. Participants will interface with the discussion facilitator through conference call and online chat room.
This session will allow participants to gain insight and feedback from their peers regarding business continuity planning and best practices.
This Month's Topic:Business Continuity /Disaster Planning
Bill Dufrene, CAE; Vice President;
Alliance Safety Council
Joanne Rang, Vice President
Information Technology Advisory Group
This event will be a facilitated discussion. Participants will interface with the discussion facilitators through conference call and online poll questions. The facilitators will moderate the group as participants share answers to the following questions as time permits:
- What are the key components of a business continuity plan and can you give a brief explanation of each?
- What are the important considerations of your Communications Plan for employees, members, and the media?
- Explain the methodology used to create your plan.
- Do you have a disaster recovery team identified? If so, who is on the team and how does the team work?
- Do you think it's necessary to have a warm/hot site? What is your plan for staff relocation if your facility is no longer available? Do you have an office supply order list?
- Do you pay your employees during a disaster/crisis when they cannot work? Is so, please describe?
- How have you addressed remote access for mobile and telecommuters?
* Please note: For this virtual program, participants will need access to a telephone line and a computer with internet access that is enabled with Adobe Flash software.
Time: 12:00 - 12:20 pm Eastern
Space is limited, so please register today.
Cancellation Policy: Since space is limited, we are requesting courtesy cancellations within three business days prior to the start of the program .