The meetings and expositions industry is forever evolving. It is necessary to understand your organization's and members' needs in order to create and manage applicable and successful programming and innovative implementation. By staying abreast of the latest trends, business partner relationships, educational formats, and management and technology tools, you can create and execute cutting-edge meetings and events and stay on top of the game.
This course is designed to help you:
- Understand various virtual and "blended" meetings, and the use of appropriate technologies for meeting management, registration, housing and travel;
- Discover the benefits of integrating social media into your events;
- Set the stage for the vendor/supplier relationship evolving into a strategic partner relationship;
- Discover the challenges and opportunities of managing a meeting in an international destination;
- Evaluate new meeting environments to better meet your attendees' learning objectives;
- Examine the key elements of learning management and design, and how they relate to planning developing meetings;
- Assess new exposition formats and features to help build your attendance and sponsorship revenues;
- Understand meetings industry trends and how they influence your events; and
- Institute a negotiation strategy to create positive results and long-term partnerships.
This course is excellent for helping you to prepare for the CAE examination or for renewing your CAE. You will receive 12 CAE hours for completing this program. You will also receive 14 CMP contact hours for each course towards certification, and if you complete all four courses available in the Business of Meetings curriculum, you will receive 56 total contact hours towards certification.
The Business of Meetings Certificate Program consists of four courses that prepare you to make meetings management a key strategy for your organization. Since they're offered each year, you can take them as your schedule permits. Upon completion of all four courses—Strategy and Marketing, Flawless Business Operations, Meetings and Expositions Excellence, and Leadership and Communication—you will receive the Business of Meetings Certificate.
Claire Smith, CMP
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Vancouver Convention Centre
Read full bio.